Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When a Teacher Feels Cruddy...

     Today was not my best day.  As I told my mom this evening, "I feel cruddy."  The hard thing about teaching is that if you feel cruddy, you can't just hole up in your cubicle with your Ibuprofen, tissues, and coffee...you've gotta perform!

Yep, that's me on a typical school day.

     Today as I was trying my gosh-darned best to be "perky" and engaging, I came across one precious 5th grade boy.  He said to me, not once, twice, or even three times, but FIVE times: "Ms. S, you look tired."  Why yes, 11 year old boy, I am tired, thanks for pointing it out (it's great to know that I look the same way I feel).  And thanks for asking, but no, I cannot take a nap during my lunch or planning period.  As much as I might like to today.

     Don't kids just make you feel great about yourself sometimes?  ;]

post signature

Don't worry, I still love teaching.  Today was just a blah day.  I'm not hopping off the teaching train just yet.  :]

Picture from here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get to nap during my planning either- but I do often read a book- which helps me get my mind right again!! You're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete