Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day Craftyness

     So I'm not the most crafty person out there, but the freedom of Sunday afternoon put me in the mood to make something.  There's one type of crafting that is essentially fool-proof: mod podging.  I decided to make a little sign for my college sister's dorm room, and I think it turned out kinda cute.  Nothing too fancy, but it's just perfect for her.  :]

     I started off by picking out some different scraps of pink and red paper.  Those would act as the background on top of which I would put the other phrases and stuff.  Over the years I've collected pictures, phrases, and interesting patterns to use for mod podging, so I had plenty to choose from.  I arranged them on a scrap of cardboard and glued them down.


     Next I had to find something to hang it up with, and since I wanted it to be Valentine's themed, I grabbed a pink bandanna.  I rolled it up and put a bit of hot glue throughout so that it would stay rolled. 

Trying to take a pic of the "action" in the style of YHL.

     While the bandanna was drying, I painted the back of the cardboard black.  This is my favorite black paint because it's just slightly metallic.  So much better than a plain black matte.  After two coats of black paint had time to dry, I hot glued the bandanna to the back.


     And that was it!  My sister really liked it, especially where it said, "Bring out your sexy."  I know she appreciated that part.  ;]

Her initials are HRS, just FYI.

See, she likes it!
What are you doing for your loved ones this Valentines Day? 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment