Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I have this quote laminated and taped on the wall by my desk:
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.

These past few days at work have been a little bit less than stellar, for some pretty minor, not-so-important reasons.  Nothing that should really bother me, but you know how it goes--a bunch of little frustrations can gang up on you to become a big frustration.  That's where this quote comes into play.  I could be sitting there thinking "woe is me" and then I glance over there to that little yellow sticky note.  "Duh," I think.  And then I think through my day and decide on the one good thing.

Someone listening to a direction the first time. 

Running and playing in the sensory room.

A child using their talker in a new and novel way.  

Sharing a smile with a student or friend. 

All of these are "good things."  Remembering these small moments can take a day from "bad" to "better" or even "great."  I challenge you to remember to take a few seconds during your day to focus your own small moments.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment