Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

Praise the Lord--I have a lot to be thankful for this year.



-My new car, Tonks, that is going to take me down to Atlanta tomorrow to pick up my dad from the airport.
-The fact that my hair is beginning to get wavy.  I've been fighting off frizzy but straight hair for my entire life, so this is a major milestone!  
-Spending time with family over our week off.  We've already spent time bonding over bad TV, cleaning, and "fancy" new dance moves. 
-My job!  Times are hard and there are so many people who are worse off than me.  This is a good time of year to remember how blessed I am to have a job even if it's not ideal.  Plus, I work with awesome kids and awesome adults.
-All of the people that I'm blessed to call "friend."  Over the past two weeks I've been able to see three of my best friends and I was reminded of how lucky I am to have them in my life.  So to all of my friends, near and far, thank you for being you.  :]
-Starbucks.  This company has no idea how instrumental they have been in my life these past four months.  I strongly believe that there is almost no better place for long conversations.
-A rock in the middle of the woods.  :]  No words needed.
-And, although it sounds cliche, the amazing God I serve.  He has been teaching me so much this year, from patience to self-discipline and everything in between.  And obviously, from this list, it is easy to see how richly He has blessed my life. 

I'm very excited to spend this Thanksgiving with my very large extended family.  Every year we all meet up at my Nanny's house for "dinner" (Southern speak for lunch) and have a lazy hang-out all afternoon.  My mother, sisters, and I will hang around till supper time for round #2 and then to clean up.  What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment