Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's really Christmas!

     The Christmas season officially started eleven days ago, but I have not been able to get into the spirit.  Something didn't feel right, and I finally discovered was wrong: we didn't have our decorations up yet!  Normally we decorate right after Thanksgiving, but this year we didn't because we were in NY.  We finally got one earlier this week.  Today Mom and I spent a couple hours putting on Christmas lights and some classy ornaments (all while I wore a festive Santa hat).  As I sit here typing the glow of little twinkling lights is filling me with the Christmas spirit.  It finally feels like Christmas!  Now I just need a peppermint mocha and some friends to laugh with for this to be a perfect evening.  :]


     And yes, I did dress up as Santa prior to decorating the tree.  A fantastic way to celebrate the season of giving, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment