Monday, November 15, 2010

Nice to Meet You :]

     I love writing, but lately I haven't had a plethora of writing material.  Yeah, kids are funny, but more than that they are handfulls.  When I come home from work I just like to stop thinking about work.  It's been difficult to "turn-off" work Abby at 4:00 everyday, but practice makes perfect.  :]

     Anyways, about the writing material--I am doing a 30 Day Challenge on my tumblr, but I think it's applicable for Blogger, too.  It's all about details, details, details!  We'll see how long it will take me to get through this "30 day" challenge.  Likely at least two months.  Any bets?  Haha.  Alrighty, enough chit-chat.  Time to get busy...

Introduce yourself!

     Hello.  :]  My name is Abby.  I’m 22 years old and I live in the southeastern United States.  My profession is teaching and my job is loving people.  I am a strong believer in the power of a smile and a kind word.  You can never go wrong with a positive attitude.  I am a stumbling, fumbling, growing Christian.  Everyday God is drawing me into a deeper relationship with Him.  I love to sit down with a good friend and have a long conversation with a cup of coffee in hand.  I’m a bit of an internet addict, especially when it comes to reading my favorite blogs (recently I've been loving Our Marriage Project and Young House Love).  Reading is my favorite hobby, but I don't do it nearly enough.  These days I am reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Experiencing God by Dr. Henry Blackaby, my Bible (NIV is my translation of choice), Boundaries in Dating by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. Henry Townsend, and The First Days of School by Harry Wong (unfortunate name).  I love music.  This past month I've been listening to Mumford and Sons, fun., The Beatles, and Ben Kweller.  The Beatles are my all-time favorite band.  I have two favorite movies: "Across the Universe" and "Little Women."  The shows I watch every week are The Office, 30 Rock, Outsourced, Community, Raising Hope, Glee, Modern Family, and The Middle.  Yeah.  I watch a lot of shows.  I love stories…so please tell me yours.  And I drive a super old car (18 years old) named Mabel.  She’s a beast.

Me!




If you want to join me in this 30 day challenge, check out this post here on my tumblr.  Let me know if you decide to join! 

No comments:

Post a Comment