Monday, June 25, 2012

My Playlist for the shemoves ATL 5k

I spent a lot of time perfecting the timing of my running playlist for my race this past Saturday.  I ran with music for the first time a few weeks ago and I was amazed at the difference it made in my pace.  My thought is that the music distracted me and gave me something to think about other than the (loud) sound of my breathing.  So, just for fun, here is my latest running playlist (in the order I listened to them).

-Uprising by Muse
-Dog Days are Over by Florence & the Machine
-Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
-When Love Takes Over by David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland
-All These Things That I've Done by The Killers
-Marry You by Bruno Mars (I hit 2 miles at the beginning of this song.)
-Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
-Shake it Out by Florence & the Machine
-Dance Again by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull (This was the last song I listened to as I was nearing the finish.)

There you have it...the playlist that helped me kick race butt this past weekend. 

I'm going to start using jog.fm to find some new songs.  When you get to the page you type in your mile pace, and it gives you a list of songs that have the right number of BPM to help you run at the correct pace.  I discovered that I should be running to Womanizer.  Awesome.  :]  And I bought a new song to go in my running playlist that I heard Saturday morning: Wavin' Flag by K'naan.  I got the Coca-Cola Celebration version because it is super upbeat and fun (it was the song from the 2010 World Cup commercials). 


What is your favorite song to run/bike/walk/exercise to?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. i love that 'little lion man' is on your list! i could definitely run to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to an odd mixture of music when I run. Saturdays I do long runs and that can mean anything from Lady Gaga to Minor Threat. Usually I listen to a mix of Black Flag, Minor Threat, Lady Gaga, Radiohead, MIA, Peter Bjorn and John. My favorite song at the moment to run to though, is Waiting Room by Fugazi.

    ReplyDelete