Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Fantastic Weekend

Hi everyone!  I feel like I haven't posted in forever...hmm...eleven days.  That is pretty long for me!  I've been keeping quite busy with work and my social life (aka Mr. Biz), so this lil' blog has fallen by the wayside.  But no longer!  No, today I am diving back into the blogging scene with a recap of my awesome weekend. 

My main squeeze, Mr. Biz, is a super responsible guy and he works really hard to be that responsible.  Therefore, he ends up working pretty much every Saturday until 6PM.  I'm cool with that, but this weekend he took Saturday off and we spent the whole day together.  It was such a treat to be able to spend so much time with him.  We went down to Atlanta to pick up his stuff for the Georgia Marathon and stopped at Le Madeline's in Duluth for lunch on the way back.  The food was pretty good, but I was unimpressed with the service.  I overheard a waiter being very rude behind a customer's back, and that really bothered me.  I might go there again, but it wouldn't be a destination I would seek out.  After that we ran around town and did some window shopping (aka, we looked at expensive things but didn't buy any of it, haha).  We ended the day with a little coffee date (we loooove coffee and have spent hundreds of dollars at Starbucks over the course of our relationship). 

Our Sunday started at 5:40AM, when I met Mr. Biz and we drove down to Atlanta again.  He ran the Publix Georgia Marathon and I went with him to cheer him on.  He did an aweome job (even though it was freakishly hot), and savored the few hours of reading I got to enjoy while he running around the city.  I read the book The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen--a very enjoyable book.  I picked up another one of her eBooks from my local library and started it last night.  Hopefully I'll write about that book in another post. 

A shot of random runners and the home stretch.

So anyways, after he finished the race, we drove over to Old Fourth Ward to go to Highland Bakery.  It was packed, but the food was well worth the wait.  We enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendly people.  I just reviewed it on yelp, so you can read the my thoughts on it over there.  After our super filling, delicious lunch we spent a few hours visiting with Mr. Biz's grandmother, and then headed home for a delicious and nutritious dinner of doughnuts.  Yes, we ate doughnuts for dinner.  We are crazy.  ;]
My meal: cilantro corn pancakes.  Yum!

Mr. Biz's meal: peanut butter french toast.  Double yum.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend.  I'm constantly amazed at how wonderful it can be to do the little mundane things of life with someone dear to you.  Jack Johnson even has a song about stuff being better together. 



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, as well.  Today is my youngest sister's 18th birthday. WHAT?!?  When did she grow up?  It's crazy.  In my mind I guess she's still a little kid.  Also, if she's 18 that means I must be getting freakishly old.  ;] 
 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. abby, sometimes we're like kindred spirits. i read several pages of that book at barnes & noble and am planning to go back and get it for a beach read! also, i love highland bakery but i haven't been to that one! that peanut butter french toast looks a-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete