Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Reading Program @ Twenty-Something "Librarian"

Some of you may know about my love of books (ok, maybe a slight obsession).  When I was a kid, I would get sent to my room to clean, which really meant I sat and read a book for a few hours instead.  But as I got older, something changed.  School became more intense and I started doing this thing called "working."  I'm sure there were years when I read maybe one or two books--but now I'm changing that.  Reading is so rewarding and enjoyable...some of my favorite moments are at Starbucks with a good book.  

All of that to say...I'm joining a summer reading program for grown-ups!  There's this super cool girl that I've known for years named Melissa (or if you're me, you can call her Moosie). 

That's Melissa on the far right and me in the crazy wig. Anyone else do OM?

She works at a library back home and loves books even more than me.  I love reading her blog about the inner workings of our local libraries and she's a very entertaining writer (check her out!).  This summer she's set up a way for all of us older folk to catalog our reading and share the books we've read.  I know some of my followers enjoy books as much as I do, or even just want to set a summer reading goal for themselves.  Head on over to her blog to check out the program, and let me know if you decide to do it! 

I've posted two books so far:
The Help by Katheryn Stockett


East of Eden by John Steinbeck


Both were great books, but The Help was definitely my favorite of the two.  I highly recommend it. 

Ok, ya'll...now it's your turn!  Go check out Twenty-Something "Librarian" and let us know what you've been reading!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've read The Help also, and loved it!! It was so good. I have mixed feelings about the movie coming out...

    ReplyDelete