Saturday, September 11, 2010

True Life: I Am a Hoarder

me: Hi, I'm Abby, and I'm a hoarder.
everyone: Hi, Abby.

     Yes, I have a confession: I am on the road to becoming one of those crazy people on TLC.

Not me...yet.
     I moved home from school in May, and since then all of my college stuff has been piled in the family room.  I would show you a "before" picture, but I'm pretty sure my mom would kill me if I showed you our mess.  A few weeks ago I did a major overhaul on my bedroom and moved more stuff into the family room.  Can you say "disaster"?

     Our goal for today was to get rid of stuff I don't need.  Easier said than done.  I hear myself saying the same thing the hoarders say on TV: But I might need it one day!  Uh-oh...Abby's going crazy about stuff!  Anyways, my mom has been a huge help in my quest to donate/throw away.  I'm constantly amazed at how many things I have accumulated over 22 years of life.  This isn't just a one weekend overhaul...I'm guessing it will take at least a three weekends.  But hopefully soon I will have a wonderful, organized picture of my room and the family room to show you.  Until then, I think I'm going to keep the door closed.  :]

P.S.- This is the blog that got me started thinking about all my stuff.  Check it out here on the blog Thrifty Decor Chick.

Picture from CBS News.

3 comments:

  1. Our house is so bad. My mom already had a problem with being a pack-rat, but since my grandma died we've accumulated most of her stuff, as well as the stuff my dad had in his house when he lived in Toccoa. It's horrendous. But luckily she's about to just sell all of it for one lump sum (I think). She wanted to keep a lot for me but to encourage her to move on, I told her that I was just going to sell it when she died so she might as well enjoy the money herself.

    I'm so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yeah, I feel your pain. Haha!

    ReplyDelete