Saturday, April 23, 2016

Grad School is Winning

I started grad school on August 31, 2015.  I knew it would be difficult and that I would be busy, but...holy cow.  Grad school is completely kicking my butt.  I have successfully finished four classes, and that number will go up to six when final grades are posted next week.  I have one week off, then my summer semester starts.

Don't be fooled by me saying that I have successfully completed almost six classes.  Yes, I finished my coursework.  Yes, the grades are fine.  But, does living in constant stress and frustration count as successful?  I feel bad for my students this year, for Mr. Biz, and for myself.  None of us are getting as much as we need. 

There are four classes standing between me and "graduation" (can it be called graduation if I don't attend?), but it sure doesn't feel that way.  It feels like an eternity of papers and discussions and APA formatting lies between me and August 21, 2016.  In my head I know that day will be here before I know it, but my heart is throwing a fit.  

Note to self: do not go back to school.  Ever.  Again. 



Note to others who may happen to read: I'm fine.  I'm easily frustrated, I cry a bit more, and I am continually tired, but I'm fine.  This is only a season.  I am doing this for the future little Bonds family.  If you are familiar with my church, then know that I am in the B-Zone.  I refuse to Q-Zone.  I am looking forward to the C-Zone, and then a trip to Chicago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment