Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Thoughts

Hello all, and happy Christmas eve-eve-eve!  :]

Tacky Christmas sweater party, circa 2009.

Someone recently asked me if I was going to blog again, which made me realize that it's been almost two weeks since I last wrote on here.  Oops, my little corner of cyberspace must be feeling neglected.  To remedy the situation, I figured I'd jot down some Christmas-y thoughts.  Unfortunately, my brain has been in "shut down" mode the past several days because I am on VACATION.  So, enjoy my not-so-deep Christmas thoughts. 

1. I'm loving the holiday cups at Starbucks this year.  I mean, seriously--I think they have managed to capture the essence of every human relationship on their cups and in store decoration this year.  Here are a few favorites:
"When we're together I know I'll never fall."
"When we're together snowmen come to life."

"Let's remember why we go together so well."
Great stuff, right?  Do you have a favorite Starbucks quote from this season?

2. You know how Christmas time in Georgia is dreary, rainy, and sometimes hot/sometimes cold?  Be jealous, because today I rode a bike around a beautiful island in 80 degree weather.  I love living in the great PEACH STATE, but riding bikes on roads that are never hilly is quite spectacular.  The palm trees and such aren't too bad, either.  ;]


3. Christmas is so much better when you can spend it with someone special, am I right?  This is gearing up to be the best Christmas ever. 

4.  Speaking of the best Christmas ever, no one tells the tale of the first Christmas quite like Linus.  The simplicity of it is magical.  I don't know anyone who can watch this clip without tearing up a bit.

5. I have really enjoyed getting Christmas gifts for my loved ones this year.  Obviously I can't spill the beans about what I've gotten for them, but I can tell you that I'm excited about it.  My job hasn't kept me too busy this year (as opposed to other years), so I was able to spend a bit more time shopping around and getting creative.  What is the best gift you've ever given someone?

I hope you guys are enjoying all aspects of the Christmas season, and in case I don't get on here in the next few days, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  :]  Anyone have their own random Christmas thoughts? 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment