Thursday, September 8, 2011

Psalm 119:9-16

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands. 
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth. 
I rejoice in following your statues
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts 
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.
 
-Psalm 199:9-16
 
These verses stood out to me this evening.  I'm sure if you went to any type of summer Bible camp you recognize part from the pledge to the Bible (or am I the only person who did that pledge?).  My prayer is that I would daily strive to keep God's word first and foremost in my heart and mind.  May His decrees bring joy to my life, and may I find peace in His commands.

post signature

1 comment: