Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer!

As my husband so lovingly likes to remind me, yes, it is still technically spring.  BUT to every teacher I know, summer begins the day I walk out those school doors and into two months of freedom.*

My goal is to have a relaxing and fun summer without doing a whole lot of anything.  Austin gave me The Pioneer Woman Cookbook for my birthday, so I am planning to try out many of those recipes and see which ones are easy enough to replicate during the school year.  Other than that, I think our summer will consist of running, reading, and lots and lots of ice cream.  :]  Here's what we've been up to so far.


The face of an excited teacher leaving for the summer.

Lots and lots of ice cream...


Relaxing after the last day of post-planning.  Drinking Diet Coke with my feet propped up.

The proper way to celebrate the successful end of the school year: Starbucks.




First duo run of the summer on Memorial Day.



Super quick (free!) overnight visit to Helen.  So relaxing!

Here's to lots more summer fun with my main man!


*Well, not exactly "freedom."  I do have a week of math training...and an in-service for new teachers...and getting ready for next year.  We will just call it a less stressful busyness.  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment